Fundraising

The Tiny Vertical Axis Wind Turbine is a prototype model and testing platform for sourcing energy with VAWTs.
nikolayhg
Fundraising

Beitrag von nikolayhg » Mo 25. Jun 2012, 20:42

Alex,

1) I started identifying Open Source Companies who may be able to support the VAWT. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... HpoUC1Yenc
This is an initial list, to be expanded.
First I am searching for direct connections with the the responsible people. If we cannot have such connections, I will contact the people directly. Anybody is welcome to help.

2) Crowdfunding - this is one option to fund the VAWT. I like it because it creates also popularity. For this to happen we will need:
a) Well-defined deliverable + needed resources (time + money + people).

Deliverable examples:
1) End of 2012 - Working prototype 1 + open source documentation. People could pay here to attend the workshop or receive a build prototype (e.g. 500€)
2) July 2013 - Final product.

For example 1 year:
R&D = if you receive 1000€/month, this makes = 12000€
Materials = how much euro will we need for the materials.
Documentation,

It will be good to get partners where we will deploy few VAWTs for testing and use.

3) For everything else we can fundraise from the Verein and the OSEG Network. You just have to tell us what is needed.

shure

Re: Fundraising

Beitrag von shure » Di 26. Jun 2012, 00:53

nikolayhg hat geschrieben:Alex,

1) I started identifying Open Source Companies who may be able to support the VAWT. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... HpoUC1Yenc
This is an initial list, to be expanded.
First I am searching for direct connections with the the responsible people. If we cannot have such connections, I will contact the people directly. Anybody is welcome to help.
Great. Just to give you a hint how I am thinking and acting: I have a high quality standard and I would not get in touch with any big player right now. There should be at least one more product revision and a comprehensive media campaign with a good straight forward paper written until I would approach anybody. Bear in mind that those big players get a lot of demo tapes and are bored by any music that's not outstanding.

However, I don't have any doubt that my wiki entries right now might be in the upper quality range at OSE ;)
“With great power come great heat sinks.”

nikolayhg

Beitrag von nikolayhg » Di 26. Jun 2012, 09:17

Good strategy. Then the list will be expanded step by step and I will not contact bigger companies.

This means that crowdfunding ist more suitable option until we have more concrete results.

shure

Beitrag von shure » Mi 27. Jun 2012, 02:28

Crowdfunding via external platform or p2p? You have my okay for the latter, but crowdfunding via Kickstarter or another platform is too early, too.

nikolayhg

Beitrag von nikolayhg » Mi 27. Jun 2012, 11:13

okay, it could be our own crowdfunding page, like SolarFire, for example: http://www.solarfire.org/Let-s-do-the-Solar-Revolution with more options for payment. I can start searching how to implement it and you can start defining the deliverables and budget?

shure

Beitrag von shure » Mi 27. Jun 2012, 15:30

Okay

aron

Beitrag von aron » Mi 27. Jun 2012, 18:09

+1 auch von mir. Lass uns auf unser Forum, Wiki, Blog verlinken und alles wichtige zu OSE schreiben. Konto ist dann Deins, Nikolay?

nikolayhg

Beitrag von nikolayhg » Mi 27. Jun 2012, 18:36

ja, wir können mein Konto nutzen.

aron

Beitrag von aron » Mi 27. Jun 2012, 21:22

ja, ich denke bevor der Verein existiert und dieser ein offizielles Konto hat, wäre das sinnvoll (related to discussion @ Berlin)

BueroBert

Beitrag von BueroBert » Sa 30. Jun 2012, 14:42

Nikolay, wäre deine Tabelle nicht besser im Wiki aufgehoben? Google Docs ist vielleicht besser für das kommentierende Erarbeiten von Texten (bspw. Satzung, PMs u.ä.) geeignet. Oder wäre das z.Z. zu öffentlich?

Antworten

Zurück zu „Wind Turbine ("TIVA")“