Microfunding Wind Turbine Questions

Hi Alex,

1. I would combine the current Wind Turbine Campaign with the Microfunding in one page. A person can choose to donate monthly or once. On the right side will be all people and organizations who are donating regularly or once (name, photo, why they donated). What do you think?

2. Which bank account to choose for the montly donations - yours or Planraum’s? If everything goes to Planraum, you can receive money for your work with a contract (as far as I know) - does this contract requires the money to be taxed, if so how much? The point is - which bank transfer process is as lean as possible.

Okay! I would not include the people on the right because of privacy reasons. If anything, that should be optional. Let’s make it like OSE? But call it Open Source Supporter, not „TrueFans“.

I suggest to use a PayPal account and then connect my bank account. It’s more transparent and not totally depends on my. Plus, more easy to use. For bank transfer donations I suggest to use Planraum’s. If a receipt is needed, Planraum’s PayPal/bank account is needed!
I would prefer to have an own Verein and bank account with OSEG, but that’s another topic.

That’s difficult if we talk about a decent amount of money. About a third of the income I get legally and with a contract will be taxed. (I should marry someone and save money :stuck_out_tongue: )

The people and organizations who want to be on the right side, will be able to decide so, we don’t decide it. Open Source Supporters sounds good.

[quote=„nikolayhg“]

1. Which bank account to choose for the montly donations - yours or Planraum’s?
    [/quote]

I suggest to use a PayPal account and then connect my bank account. It’s more transparent and not totally depends on my. Plus, more easy to use. For bank transfer donations I suggest to use Planraum’s. If a receipt is needed, Planraum’s PayPal/bank account is needed!
I would prefer to have an own Verein and bank account with OSEG, but that’s another topic.

Okay. Please send me per email your bank account.

[quote=„nikolayhg“]
If everything goes to Planraum, you can receive money for your work with a contract (as far as I know) - does this contract requires the money to be taxed, if so how much? The point is - which bank transfer process is as lean as possible.
[/quote]

That’s difficult if we talk about a decent amount of money. About a third of the income I get > legally and with a contract > will be taxed.

Doesn’t sound as a good option.

Hi Alex,

1. PayPal account (Privatkunden) ist connect to only 1 person. We are not able to change the name after the account is created. If we want to add a new bank account, the family name of this person cannot be changed! This means that the account really „belongs“ to 1 person. Similar is for non-profit organization. The problem is documented here: http://wiki.opensourceecology.de/wiki/PayPal#PayPal_Conditions
    So what is fixed: If you want to get the money direclty, it should be Your PayPal account.
    Suggestions:
    1.a) we either use your existing PayPal account (if there is) - you have to take care of the transparency of the incoming donations.
    1.b) we create a second PayPal account for you to which for example I have access too - I take care of the transparency of the incoming donations.

2. I need an existing PayPal account, maybe yours, to test the PayPal subscription. There was no official way to create subscription button, but there is an old HTML code which may work: http://wiki.opensourceecology.de/wiki/PayPal_Button#HTML_Code

I will make a PayPal account for oseg with my credentials. Will export the transactions then on a regular basis and post them to oseg.

okay, when the account is ready publish it here, so I can test the subscription button.

The answer of PayPal for the subscription in Germany is negative:

Guten Tag, Nikolay Georgiev!

Dankeschön für Ihr Interesse an Abonnement-Diensten, die Sie über PayPal realisieren möchten. Eine entsprechende Funktion können wir jedoch derzeit nicht für den deutschen Markt bereitstellen.

Natürlich sind wir immer daran interessiert PayPal noch attraktiver zu gestalten und arbeiten daran, Ihnen in Zukunft eine Lösung anbieten zu können. Bitte haben Sie jedoch dafür Verständnis, das wir Ihnen im Moment noch keine konkreten Angaben mitteilen können.

Ich hoffe, dass ich Ihnen informativ behilflich sein konnte und bedanke mich für Ihr Verständnis. Auch weiterhin viel Einkaufsspaß mit PayPal und ein erholsames Fest!

Falls Sie noch Fragen haben, helfen wir Ihnen jederzeit gerne weiter.

Viele Grüße,
A**** Qu*****
PayPal-Kundenservice

But I would say we can test it :slight_smile:

PayPal@OpenSourceEcology.de is ready.

Unfortunaltey it is not working with the „Test Subscription Button“. I receive the error:

Der Link, über den Sie das PayPal-System aufgerufen haben, ist ungültig. Überprüfen Sie den Link, und wiederholen Sie den Vorgang.

They may track the cmd parameter. Maybe the problem is with the German accounts.

What other options do we have for monthly subscriptions?

ah, I just found a German website which is using PayPal, took their code and replaced their account with ours:
http://wiki.opensourceecology.de/wiki/PayPal_Test#Test_2_Subscription
but after the PayPal Login I receive the same error as in the previous post.
Google suggests that the owner of the PayPal account is from London, so this may explain why it is working.

Well, Alex,

1. I suggest we start with a simple bank account of yours and request people to create a montly „Dauerauftrag“ (standing order). It costs in my bank only 10 cents. If you agree, please send me the bank owner name too, so that I publish your account.

2. Otherwise here are some PayPal alternatives:
    http://paymentandbanking.com/ecommerce-payment-dienstleister-fur-den-deutschen-markt-februar-2012/
    I checked them for 1-2 hours and I don’t see alternatives from them for recurring payments. Some of them could be eventually used for one time donations, if we want to.

3. If we get a PayPal account outside of Germany, it may be possible. If anybody has some ideas how this can happen, feel free to share. Personally, I will not explore this option for now.

Anything other than PayPal / „one-click subscription“ is overly complicated, especially for people outside of Europe.

I will send out an e-mail to OSEG affiliates outside of Germany and ask for a solution / a PayPal-account / address.

yes, for outside Germany choice #1 is PayPal. From my side - Will Cleaver and Jamie Clark are people I would trust. We should also test transfering money from non-german PayPal account to your bank/PayPal account.

For Germany, 1), please send me the requested info.

I sent a message to Daniel from solarflower and asked him if he can help. No response yet. If we don’t get a response until Monday, let’s ask Will, Jamie and Alvaro if they have a solution. AFAIK they all have a UK residence.

Alex Shure
Kontonr: 1011508809
BLZ: 12030000 DKB Berlin
IBAN: DE62120300001011508809

My brother from Bulgaria, Marin, has a PayPal account - we can receive monthly donations on his account too, I checked the subscription buttons and they are working. I am making few PayPal tests now and document them here: http://wiki.opensourceecology.de/wiki/PayPal#Tests He can give me full access to the PayPal account.

Okay. Let’s add PayPal@opensourceecology.de to that PayPal account. I will close my account and disconnect the e-mail from it next week after the registration is complete.

Wait, I just saw in theory and practice that sending money from Bulgarian (BG) to Germany (DE) PayPal account costs no money - if the option send to family or friends is used: http://wiki.opensourceecology.de/wiki/PayPal#PayPal_Send_and_Receive_Money

This means that we can receive the money on the BG account and send them to the DE paypay@ account - then you can transfer them to your bank account (…)

@Everyone, the process is described here: http://wiki.opensourceecology.de/wiki/Kampagneprozess

@Alex, I shared with you the two Google Docs: 1) Form + 2) Offene Buchhaltung. You and I play the role of the Campaign Managers as described in the process. You are taking care of your bank account, I am taking care of the PayPal and planraum accounts. Please check the execution of the process and tell me if there is something unclear. You should view the Google Docs to understand better the details of the process.

Transfering money from PayPal to your own bank account does not impose fees - test case was confirmed with 10€ from my PayPal to my bank account.