TiVA Prioritäten - Juni-Juli

Hi Alex,

was sind die Prioritäten (Aufgaben nach Priorität) für die TiVA-Entwicklung in den nächsten 1-2 Monate - Juni und Juli? Und was ist das wichtigste für jede Aufgabe - Zeit, Geld, Menschen mit Fähigkeiten, andere? Die Antworten sollten uns helfen, nach den Ressourcen zu suchen, die das Projekt weiterbringen werden.

Unfortunately I am full time working on a project at my everyday job right now. However, there are still some things on the list which did not change:

We still need the following materials for our first prototypes:
Round sheets of metal for the alternators
Plywood (Multiplex)
Tools for the lathe, boring bar, inserts…
Aluminium sheets for the wings
Polyester or epoxy resin and hardener + filler
Paint which can be sprayed, should be a sealing one for outdoors
Cases for the electronics, IP66<
Neodymium magnets, preferably 15x5mm<
Enameled copper wire aka. magnet wire, with a diameter of 0.4 - 1.0mm
Electric planer
Aluminium or stainless steel tubes, e.g. 12x8mm for TiVA

There’s still no dedicated Wilssen programmer.

okay,

Needs:

1. Materials
    What are the priorities here? Which materials do you need most urgently? Can you source them yourself or do you need help in the form of information or money?

2. Willsen - we need to search. Everyone, how can you help with that?
    http://osede.org/2012/06/need-development-of-microcontroller-for-monitoring-the-wind-turbine/

3. How is it going with the 3D modelling and simulations? Do you need help there? What is the status?

Magnets:
I could order them but I did not get in touch with any supplier yet. I thought there might be some German online shops who might want to supply us with a sample pack of e.g. 100 Neodymium magnets, preferably round, 15x5mm<

Plywood (Multiplex):
I can get the Plywood sheets nearby. I’m just waiting for some spare time.

I don’t know about Achmed and the Simulations. Mario is away for 4 more weeks, for his job and we can’t continue with the 3D-sessions for now. But:
As said, I am busy with my everyday job, anyways. Everything depends on me, which is demanding but great at the same time: there is mostly positive feedback. I already got job offers for the next season without any negotiation, which is great, too. More clients are open to the Open Source licensing.

The feedback for TiVA and the wind turbine project is mostly positive. Everything seems to depend on me there, too, which is demanding, but great at the same time. Dejavu anybody? :wink: There’s just one flaw here, I don’t get any money but rather spend it for this OSEG stuff :wink:

I need money, because I am productive with good tools: my CNC machine is broken, I want to spend about 3.5kEUR into stuff I work with (inserts, boring bars, a new spindle, lenses) and I really, really need a new Macbook Pro or an alternative (Is there one? maybe IBM Lenovo? either case, about 2kEUR again.) as I don’t have any Laptop/netbook/tablet right now but desperately need one!
All those expensive tools make my work possible, but first of all they form the environment which motivates me and makes it fun to go to work :slight_smile:

Okay so your priorities are:

1. Laptop - Macbook Pro or an alternative (IBM Lenovo? about 2k)
  2. 100 Neodymium magnets, preferably round, 15x5mm
  3. 3k for the CNC machine - inserts, boring bars, a new spindle, lenses

One question about your work - It is great that you will not have problems continuing the contracts. The question is whether you will have time for full time VAWT development if we get the needed money. What conditions will make this possible?

zu 3) ich weiss jetzt nicht, was genau mit Spindel und Linsen gemeint ist? Aber 1000,- für Bohrstangen und Wendeplatten ist ne Menge Kohle.

Vielleicht sollten wir hier zur TIVA mal einen Thread aufmachen über anstehende Fertigungsaufgaben, eventuell haben hier mehrere auch Einiges an Werkzeugen und Maschinen zur Verfügung.

Mike

I will of course continue to work for OSEG whenever I have the time and the motivation. And concerning the job offers for the next year, I will make up my mind about them when I have to.
Additional text sent via PM.

Also das ist jetzt nicht alles Zeug was ich unabdingbar für TiVA brauche, nur so erwähnt wofür ich allgemein Kohle brauche um vernünftig zu arbeiten :slight_smile:

Von der Kohle ist nur ein kleiner Teil für Wendeplatten und Bohrstangen… Trotzdem ist der Preis noch super niedrig angesetzt, denn z.B. die Spindel konstruiere und fertige ist selber… einen SWH (Schnellwechselhalter) für die Drehe auch (ähnl. Multifix). Es gibt auch noch weiteres Zeug weiter unten auf der Prio Liste bei mir: Ein Stereomikroskop brauche ich (SMD,…), ein neues Labornetzteil (der zweite Kanal ist bei meinem abgeraucht und so weggeschmolzen, dass man das nicht reparieren kann)

Sobald die CAD Sachen fertig sind gehts los mit Ausschreibungen zur Fertigung. Mal noch wird einfach intensiv geplant und bald hoffentlich CFD simuliert. FEA habe ich schon ein paar Sachen durch.

Hey Alex,

bei mir fliegt ein IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad rum, W510:

Core i7-820QM 4x 1.73GHz • 8096MB (2x 4048MB) • 250GB SSD • DVD+/-RW DL • NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M 1024MB • 4x USB (2x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0)/FireWire/Modem/Gb LAN/WLAN 802.11abgn/Bluetooth/eSATA • DisplayPort • UMTS/HSDPA • FingerPrint Reader • Webcam (2.0 Megapixel) • Multi-Touch Trackpad • 15.6" WUXGA non-glare LED TFT (1920x1080) • Windows 7 Professional/Linux • Li-Ionen-Akku (6 Zellen, 90W, 3h Laufzeit) • 2.70kg • 36 Monate Herstellergarantie (Einsendung)

Kannste brauchen? Is nen richtiges „Arbeitstier“. Wenn’s Dir hilft, kann ich’s Dir ja zuschicken das Teil. Kannste usen, solange Du es brauchst / was besseres hast.

Schöne Grüße,
Aron

AWESOME, Ja, sehr gerne!

Alles klar, PM mir mal deine Adresse, dann isses die Woche unterwegs zu Dir.

@Aron: Hast du per e-mail bekommen. :slight_smile: