OSEG Online Meeting on Sunday, 2012-07-22 20:00 CET

I hereby invite anybody to an OSEG Online Meeting on Sunday, 2012-07-22 starting at 20:00 CET.

Topics may be suggested in this Thread and then added in this post as an overview.

Current Topics:

• Topic: Verein - structure, next steps for the constitution (Satzung), who will participate in the founding, who will do what (roles and responsibilities)
  • Topic: Identify Values + Technologies for the Open Source Economy.
  • Topic: Logo - Opinions of everyone on current designs, next steps.
  • Topic: Entscheidungsfindung allg. Orga-Topf
  • TBD

Software: Mumble (Free + Open Source) 1.2.3<
Server: opensourceecology.de
Port: 64738 (Standard Mumble port)

Languages spoken: English.
(If there are only native German people present, then the communication might be in German.)

Disclaimer: Anything you say may be recorded and uploaded as a protocol and for people who could not participate. The client software shows if the meeting is currently being recorded.

Topic: Entscheidungsfindung allg. Orga-Topf

Topic: Verein - structure, next steps for the constitution (Satzung), who will participate in the founding, who will do what (roles and responsibilities)
Topic: Identify Values + Technologies for the Open Source Economy.
Topic: Logo - Opinions of everyone on current designs, next steps.

I would like to hold this meeting in German. Because of the heated discussion we already had about a few of the topics … it would be easier.

If Gerrard or someone else non-German-speaking is there, we could give brief updates in English in between and ask for feedback. Or I could give him/them an update afterwards.

What do you think?
I yes, we should anounce this too.

the language we are most productive in the group - if it is German, then German.

Primary language is Germany.
If there is somebody present who does understand German but is native English, then he may answer in English for the sake of proper and fluent communication.
If there’s anybody who does neither talk nor understand German, then we all should stick to English. IMHO this reduces the pace of the talk and the overall comfort for some foreigners (read: native Germans), especially if they are not used to speak English in their everyday life. As a matter of fact, this influences the quality of decisions and tends to give the fluent English people a greater leverage in any discussion.
It’s always possible to switch between languages on the fly and others may just translate where necessary.

tl;dr: Primary language is Germany.

Protokoll vom Meeting: http://pad.opensourceecology.de/lwMVgbUrVj

Logo-Abstimmung bitte hier: http://forum.opensourceecology.de/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=160

todo for any moderator (but me): de-sticky + archive into proper sub-forum.