OpenEcoLab Berlin

Wär’ vielleicht was für ein Hacklab/Fablab: Die Laminarics bauen ein eigenes Flugzeug und haben dafür eine Werkstatt nahe Berlin. Ist schon ein Stück raus nach Röntgental in Berlin-Buch, schätze mal eine halbe Stunde von Prenzlberg aus, in den Norden Richtung Bernau. Zwar nur 5min von einer S-Bahn Station, aber in Zone C.

Aloha zusammen,

da unsere Werkstatt zu klein geworden ist, müssen wir unbedingt umziehen.

Und wir haben auch schon was gefunden. Für uns aber viel zu groß.

Deswegen fragen wir uns, ob es hier jemanden gibt, der sich mit uns 300qm teilen will. Wir sind zu zweit und bauen an zwei Fliegern.

In Berlin-Buch (5geh-Minuten S-Bhf Röntgental).
Und jaaa, die Halle ist beheizt.

Preis: 125EUR all inklusive.

Beste Grüße,
Olli

Laminarics | Johannesburg

Könnt ihr da mal genaue Angaben machen was alles dabei ist, Wasseranschluss, Sanitärräume, wie läuft das mit Strom, Internet, was ist die Deckenhöhe und die Ausstattung, wieviel m² für wieviel Euro gibt’s konkret, ist die Halle eine große oder unterteilt? etc.

Herzliche Grüße,

Alex Shure

Laminarics:
Moin Alex. Fangen wir ma an. Ein Wasseranschluss ist (offiziell) nicht da. wir holen uns unserer Wasser aus nem Raum, den wir nicht mit gemietet haben. Gleiches gilt für die Toilette. Strom ist bei den 125EUR/Monat dabei. Ebenso Heizung. Die Halle ist nicht unterteilt. Es gibt aber eine zweite Etage, die an der Seite der Halle über zwei Treppen erreichbar ist. Deckenhöhe schätze ich mal so um die 6-7m. Wer wieviel Platz bekommt lassen wir offen. Eigentlich bekommt der den größten Teil, der gerade am größten Teilm arbeitet. Wir können gerne ma quatschen oder/und uns die Halle anschauen.
Beste Grüße,
Olli

150180_371588879557722_446779772_n[1].jpg

Hat was der Raum … und 125€ ist schon ein gutes Argument :smiley:

Danke! Local Manpower is needed for something to happen in Berlin.

Very nice :slight_smile: Good idea. Menpower is needed for sure. Who of us living near berlin?

Yea all what’s missing is the manpower in Berlin. Might be a place for an OpenEcoLab with the Biomimicry Institute?

The price is indeed quite attractive. I like the layout with the second floor on top, good for storage, computer work spaces and meetings. The lower area is for the heavy machinery and models ideal.

The space is really huge, you can park a few cars in there and still have enough space to host a great Open Source party.

Could be interesting for Gerard too? :slight_smile: @Bio

Alex, can you send me the contacts of the people from Laminarics per email - to ask them the status, plans and future work. Possibly we could engage there too when we have more people. Thank You!

Nikolay, afaik they are not doing anything open source.
If you need the contact look for laminarics on facebook.

Are there any news about the OpenEcoLab in Berlin?
Berlin has big potential when it comes to technical educated people, whe have 3 technical Universities (TU, Beuth, HTW) with 55’000 Students (2010) in technical study courses. I bet I could at least establish contact with some decision makers at my university. Believe me my professors are always seeking project ideas to make their students lern something, the biggest problem is that most project aren’t challenging enough… I bet we could change that :wink: This is ab big amount of free highly educated working power that should not be to underrated and I believe there are many others of the 3 million people in Berlin that are interested in OSE.

The rent for space is still relatively low in Berlin (lower than in any other big city in Germany) especialy in the outlying area which is quite easy to reach because of the very good public transportation.

Nothing happened since then, OSEG’s activity is sort of lowered at the moment.

Your idea is great and totally what we encourage, as long as the projects still belong to OSEG and stay open source, we have nothing against Universities/FHs :slight_smile:

And I shure™ do have some interesting projects in mind, which will be challenging enough! :slight_smile:

Cheers

Shure

Hi Benjamin, Berlin will be very important for OSE. The question is to find the people willing to start a workshop there. I opened this page for the people willing to do it: http://wiki.opensourceecology.de/wiki/Berlin . My current focus is building up the network and the OSEG center. The OpenEcoLab could happen before the center. It really depends on the community.